Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
We are looking for a trainee to support our finance team. You will be part of a team responsible for the company’s finances and operations.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in finance and accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in booking in accounting journals and VAT preparation
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist the Finance Manager and CFO in preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Assist in sending and following up on invoices
We are looking for candidates with a financial and accounting background and hands-on experience in daily financial operations.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in financial & economics or relevant field or relevant vocational training
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good understanding of Belgian GAAP accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience working with Odoo software
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America is a plus
- Working experience in a small fast-growing company is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
Location: Brussels. You will be based physically in our Brussels Office
Interested? Send us your CV, a motivation letter, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org