Non-Executive Director (Board Member)
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on digital solutions and data analysis for Global Health and Development. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
Bluesquare is looking for a new Non-Executive Director with relevant health-data or tech background and skills to broaden and strengthen the Board. to serve on our organization’s governing body. The board member’s responsibilities include advising on strategic plans related to reinforcing Bluesquare’s leadership in the global health data in emerging countries, overseeing its performance, and advising on overall growth. ensure that the company operates to the highest standards of corporate governance..
To be successful as a board member you should have significant professional leadership experience and strong diplomatic skills. An outstanding board member will be passionately committed to Bluesquare’s mission.
- Knowing the organization’s mission, programs, policies, and needs.
- Making a serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Preparing for quarterly board meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
- Keeping up with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Participating in the evaluation of business operations and executives.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Approving audit reports, budgets, and business decisions.
- Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans.
- Understanding the organization’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs.
- Health-data or -tech background.
- Proven track record in an executive leadership role.
- Previous board experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a relevant industry (tech, global health, data, international development).
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
Terms of appointment
This role is remunerated with the Directors fees currently at maximum 10,000€ per annum. Time commitment will be a minimum of 8 days per year to include preparation time, meetings (in person and/or remote), and incidental communications and discussions. For any additional responsibilities e.g. specific projects, fees would be agreed in advance.
Apply by sending us your CV, a motivation letter, and possibly a few references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org