Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
We are looking for a Data Architect to oversee the deployment of IT systems and data solutions to help our clients to make the most out of their data in 5 key sectors:
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Health financing and health Insurance
- Supply chain monitoring
- Geospatial data management and registries
- Response to epidemics (Covid-19, etc.)
Projects that you could manage include:
- Helping the Ministry of Health and the World Bank to analyze Maternal Health data and set up actionable dashboards at national level in multiple African countries
- Support global elimination of polio through digital campaign monitoring
- Support UNITAID and Expertise France in the deployment of information systems for cervical cancer monitoring in two countries
- Improving the information system used by the Results Based Financing in Health program in DRC to help channel >300 million USD
Our technical stack includes:
- In-house software (Modules for DHIS2, Data collection platform, Data analysis platform)
- BI tools: Tableau, PowerBI
Role & responsibilities
Functional and technical analysis: with the support of the team (software developers, product managers, technical experts, data analysts), analyze our clients’ needs and provide clear recommendations about the best technical solutions
Data architecture: coordinate the technical deployment of data systems and ensure quality control of the released data platforms
Data management and analysis: support data extraction, wrangling, analysis and visualization.
Technical writing: write technical reports, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and other partners
Capacity building: train technical stakeholders in the use of various open-source and in-house Data solutions.
We are looking for candidates with quantitative background (engineering, data management or analysis, statistics) and experience with building data systems for public health (or similar) needs.
- Master degree in Engineering, data management / analysis, statistics, econometry
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with complex data platform design and implementation
- Working experience with database management (e.g. SQL), data analysis (e.g R, Python) and BI software (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with DHIS2 and ODK is a plus
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America is a plus
- Working experience in Global health, Health financing or Monitoring and Evaluation in another sector a plus
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Get involved in projects that use data to solve major issues in low- and middle-income countries (Health, Education, Waste management and more)
- Manage data platforms impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- Get first hand experience through on-site visits and in-depth situation analysis
- Join a result-oriented, dynamic & diverse team committed to improve the accessibility and quality of health services, especially for the poorest
Location: Brussels. You will be expected to travel to countries where projects are implemented. Bluesquare is organized by product and project “squads” that require flexibility and role changes.
Interested? Send us your CV, a motivation letter, and 3 references by email to email@example.com.