DHIS2 Specialist – Belgium, Burundi, Senegal or remote
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on digital solutions and data analysis for Global Health and Development. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
You are part of a highly talented and technical team working on strategic global health issues such as Polio Eradication, Malaria control and elimination, Access to Family Planning services, Universal Health Coverage. As part of the onboarding process, you will gradually get acquainted with the different lines of services of Bluesquare.
As we are growing our activities in general and also on Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data systems, we are looking for a Senior DHIS2 Specialist.
The person is an integral part of the Data Systems & Configuration Team, reporting directly to the DSC Team Lead and working in close collaboration with other DHIS2 specialists.
Location: Brussels, Bujumbura, Dakar or remote. You may be expected to travel to other countries where Bluesquare is working.
Team: We are a horizontal company with more than 60 team members in multiple countries. You are part of the PM Sales team. We value ownership, autonomy, flexibility, communication and teamwork.
Apply by sending us your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a short introduction to yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles & responsibilities
Your scope of responsibilities spans from daily tasks to more in-depth technical knowledge, more specifically:
- DHIS2 Instance configuration: You will configure different data collection instances. This goes from “translating” survey forms in a data collection compatible version to finding out the best way to compute complex indicators from raw data in a given context or troubleshooting with clients. Therefore you have a broad insight in DHIS2 Aggregate, Tracker, Dashboards & Mobile.
- DHIS2 Suite configuration: You will use and configure the different products developed by Bluesquare around DHIS2 and data collection. You will also contribute to define the roadmap for those products.
- Technical advice: Not only do you provide technical advice to the clients but you’re also involved in the sales process to provide technical input on DHIS2 & DHIS2 Suite in offers
- Quality Control: Together with other senior experts you ensure the optimal configuration of DHIS2 solutions executed by clients or junior colleagues.
- Training: Upon request you provide training to client teams in the optimal use of their DHIS2 instance
- Coaching: Give advice and coaching to less experienced colleagues in the optimal use of DHIS2 & DHIS2 suite
- Project Management: You are able to manage small projects from A to Z such as hosting contracts with specific DHIS2 requirements, which includes communication with the client, financial management, creating a feedback loop to your manager, the sales team & the finance team.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field such as international development, computer science, or public health, or in lieu of academic qualifications, excellent work history and references with a relevant organization
- Excellent oral and writing skills in both English and French (prerequisite)
- At least 5 year proven experience in DHIS2 Aggregate and Tracker
- Experience and ability to deal with big and complex excel files and XLS form configuration
- Experience with an NGO or consultancy
- Experience working in an international company
- Know-how of the international public health sector
- High level familiarity with other HMIS components, and familiarity with general data science concepts
- Clear communication skills: You are able to translate complex DHIS2 issues into high level priorities and concrete deliverables
- Proactive attitude
- Strong analytical mindset & problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Organized, structured with attention to detail
- Competitive Salary and benefits package
- Flexible work hours and remote working
- Be part of a company impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- Be a central part to the growth of a company impacting the lives of thousands of people, allowing you to growth fast
Apply by sending us your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile, a motivation letter and proven record of DHIS2 experience to email@example.com.