Junior Data Analyst
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health and Development. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter investments in various areas:
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Response to epidemics (Covid19, Polio, etc)
- Health financing and health Insurance
- Geospatial data management and registries
Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
We are looking for a junior Data Analyst with a strong background in data visualisation to join our data science team.
Location: Brussels / Dakar.
Team: Bluesquare is a horizontal company with 60+ staff in mutliple countries and organized by project “squads”. We value ownership, autonomy, flexibility, communication and teamwork.
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and an introduction to email@example.com
Roles & responsibilities
- Data Analysis : in collaboration with the data science team, develop script in R or Python for data cleaning, data processing, data integration, data quality screening, data matching.
- Data visualization : set up dashboards using different BI tools to answer clients’ needs.
- Technical writing: write code documentation, users guidelines, articles and other materials that will be useful to communicate with our clients and other partners
- Quality control : review and automate scripts to ensure quality control of the released data integration work.
- Capacity building: train technical stakeholders in the use of various open-source and in-house Data solutions.
Projects in which you could be involved
- Development of dashboards for disease surveillance in DRC, Cameroon, Niger, Ivory Coast or Burkina Faso
- Support Ministries of Health in the analysis of Maternal Health data and set up actionable dashboards at national level
- Improve geospatial data in multiple African countries : location of facilities (health, education), localities, population distribution, administrative contours, etc
- Support global elimination of polio through digital campaign monitoring
- Develop strategies to model accessibility to health care
Our technical stack
You will have to work with the following technologies and software:
- The Jupyter data science ecosystem
- Data visualization tools and BI software (Tableau, PowerBI, matplotlib, Plotly, Dash,…)
- Our own platforms, such as OpenHexa, Iaso and OpenIMIS
- Industry-standard tools such as DHIS2 and ODK
- Master degree in data management and analysis, statistics, econometry…
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau and Power BI)
- Good working knowledge of the Jupyter ecosystem
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with DHIS2 and ODK is a plus
- Working experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America is a plus
- Working experience in Global health, Health financing or Monitoring and Evaluation in another sector a plus
- Notion of GIS
- Soft skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Clear and structured communication
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and benefits package
- Flexible work hours and remote working
- Exciting projects: use data to solve major issues in low- and middle-income countries (Health, Education, Waste management and more)
- Impact : manage data platforms impacting the lives of thousands of people
- Network: work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- Hands-on experience: on-site visits and in-depth situation analysis
- Exciting work environment: join a result-oriented, dynamic & diverse team committed to improve the accessibility and quality of health services, especially for the poorest