Polio Specialist and Stakeholder Engagement
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health and Development. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, NGOs, and help them make smarter investments in various areas:
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Response to epidemics (Covid19, Polio, etc)
- Health financing and health Insurance
- Geospatial data management and registries
Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
Bluesquare has been working since 1 April 2021 on a polio campaign digitization project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In the framework of this mission, Bluesquare has been developing digital tools and dashboards allowing the monitoring of polio campaign preparation, rollout and evaluation.
Bluesquare is today looking for a Polio specialist and stakeholder engagement consultant based in Geneva to lead the process of adoption and appropriation of these new tools by the polio eradication stakeholders (WHO, UNICEF, GPEI, countries etc.).
Working across the WHO HQ and regional offices (EMRO and AFRO) and through direct engagement with senior staff, as well as senior country staff, regulators and senior national government partners, the selected consultant will ensure the quality and relevance of Bluesquare’s polio campaign digitization tools and related dashboards and lead the stakeholder engagement & training in order to ensure adoption of these tools by the key polio stakeholders and decision makers.
Interested candidates should send their CV/bios and an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facilitate coordination of Bluesquare’s activities with WHO HQ and other polio stakeholders (GPEI, UNICEF, etc.) priorities
- Participate to relevant polio eradication working groups
- Identify key decision-makers
- Organize regular presentations and feedback sessions on Bluesquare’s tools with polio stakeholders
- Hold briefings for donors, partners and governments on polio campaign monitoring tools
Product management and Quality control
- Propose strategic feature improvements according to polio stakeholders’ needs
- Draft clear specifications on tools improvements
- Ensure the quality of the tools by proceeding to frequent & thorough testing of the tools and report in due time issues to the Bluesquare team
Polio campaign digitization tools rollout and adoption
- Organize training sessions with polio stakeholders and decision makers
- Monitor the level of adoption of the tools and if resistance happens, clarify the reasons why and report to the Bluesquare team
- Master’s in global public health, epidemiology, computer sciences, engineering or equivalent
- Background or experience in digital product management
- Knowledge of and experience working with immunization, emergencies and polio eradication activities
- Experience working directly with ministries of health and immunization programs in low and middle income countries
- Strong knowledge of the UN system, including WHO country, regional and global offices and UNICEF program and supply division
- Strong experience and working relationships with key immunization partners, the NGO and CSO community
- Previous experience developing strategic plans with multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience working with WHO governing bodies processes
- Proven writing, presentation and product management skills
- Excellent interpersonal negotiating and consultative skills
- Ability to coordinate or manage diverse groups of stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of English with a good working knowledge of another UN language, preferably French
Frequent travel to WHO EMRO region (Jordan)