Junior Project Manager
Bluesquare is a fast growing technology company focusing on Global Health. Bluesquare’s goal is to help Global Health resources get where it matters the most. We partner with Global Health Funds, national governments, health service purchasers, and NGOs, to help them make smarter health investments. Bluesquare’s technologies are in use in more than 30 countries and support +60 different clients, including the World Bank, the WHO, the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, leading NGOs and consultancies.
For more information about who we are: https://bluesquarehub.com/
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to coordinate medium to large projects involving multiple partners – from the tender to the implementation phase.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Location: Burundi, preferably.
Team: Bluesquare is a company with 70+ staff in multiple countries and organized by project and technical segment teams. We value ownership, autonomy, flexibility, communication and teamwork.
Role & responsibilities
- Know and understand Bluesquare’s portfolio of technical solutions, and understand their capabilities and limitations.
- Perform functional analysis of clients’ needs and advise on the solutions that need to be implemented.
- During the project, assess progresses to ensure alignment between the client’s needs and the technical solutions Bluesquare is implementing, and reorient if necessary.
- Follow up with the technical team throughout the project to ensure deliverables are matching requirements
- Coordinate the project team composed of data analysts, data systems experts, geographers and Software engineers, project and product managers and country specialists to achieve project targets.
- Follow projects from inception to completion, including final solution delivery and capacity strengthening.
- Oversee the project’s implementation and ensure it reaches its objectives
- Use Bluesquare’s tools for project management and update accordingly
- Manage contractual and budgetary aspects of project management
- Communicate with the funder, beneficiaries and clients on daily implementation and contract management
- Identify requirements and demands from clients and partners and define short and mid term roadmaps in coordination with partners, country managers and technical leads
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and reporting in collaboration with technical leads
- Any other responsibility that might be relevant to the role of project manager
- Participate in proposal development and spotting opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of tools.
- Identify and implement opportunities that lead to the growth and sustainability of the project.
You will directly respond to the Project Management Lead, and will respond to a specific Practice Lead for the projects you work on depending on the domain of activity.
This position is open to freelancers.
We are looking for an experienced candidate with strong project management and technical skills, notably :
- Working experience in large International Development or Global Health projects
- Experience in managing medium to large projects in a multicultural environment
- Experience with client contact and multi-stakeholder cooperation
- Experience with design and implementation of digital projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience in managing a budget / P&L
- Knowledge of DHIS2, GIS, Data Management
- An experience in a project involving complex data analysis
- Knowledge of programming and of software development processes
- Experience in capacity strengthening
- Experience with collaboration in remote working settings
- Experience in team coordination
- Team player with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Clear and structured communication
- Ability to work autonomously, proactive, multi-tasking
- Fast learner, flexible
- Supportive of colleagues needs and wellbeing
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and benefits package
- Flexible work hours and remote working
- You will manage projects impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
- You will work in collaboration with a wide variety of actors within countries (Ministries, Donors, NGOs, Implementing partners, field staff, etc.)
- You will get first-hand experience on public health in emerging economies
- Join a result-oriented, dynamic & diverse team committed to improve the accessibility and quality of health services, especially for the poorest
Apply by sending us your CV, a motivation letter, and possibly a few references by email to email@example.com.